Sunday, August 2, 2009

Update, Horse Camp, and FUN!

Hey! How is everyone? I have been SOOOO busy preparing for a camp that we are doing on our property that starts TOMORROW at 9am!!!! I have 2 helpers and 10 KIDS from the ages of 6-13!!!!! BUSY!!!! Well hers whats up with Sonny and me~
We have gotten REALLY bored of the seven games and I think that as soon as I work the kinks out of his circleing and squeeze game we can send our level 1 audition in! YAY! Well, we have already started playing in level 2 cause we are BORED TO DEATH with level 1! I am starting to teach him how to do carrot stick riding and backing by the tail... We have been focusing more on riding because he needs to get back in shape so his stifle stops "locking" and the only way to REALLY get him in shape is by riding him hard and doing some collecting and cavelletti's. Oh, I have also found his ABSOLUTE FAVORITE spot to be scratched.... INSIDE HIS EAR!!! Not down it but still inside it! He acts like a dog and leans into it!
Red~
We have been just moseying around and getting him to trust me more:)!

2 comments:

Manna oxoxox said...

I think you are amazing - and your horses are amazing because of the love and training you impart to them. God has truly gifted you, Lauren-
and what blesses me so much is that you recognize the gift and its Source and you seek to hone it more every day. The horse camp was a rousing success, even more than you or anyone else can even imagine yet. It will have lasting effects on all who participated - esp Sonny, Arby, Red, and Rambo. I really don't know how to put into words how much I love you and all of your family, but I can tell you that I am SO PROUD of you, and I am so sure that you are bringing heaven to earth in your very own unique way. You are co-creating it with the Lord.
I can't wait to see all of the pictures you will post of the camp.

Jordyn Daniels said...

Thanx Manna!

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."