Saturday, August 15, 2009

Riding Red and Playing with Sonny

Hi y'all!  Sonny's stifle is locking AGAIN!!!  UGH!  Oh Well...  Lots of Cavelletti!  lol!

Well Sonny and I have been working on our circling and sideways games:).  I have figured out why our circling game was so horrid was because I was doing the phase 1 I have always done but Sonny decided that was a phase 2 or 3!  So I started to do an even softer phase 1, AND IT WORKED!!!  YAY!  He left at a trot and maintained the trot for 1 or 2 laps!  I have also been working on our freestyle and he is starting to round himself out and develop the self-carriage he used to have???  Confusing 'cause I am not asking him to round himself out...

Red and I have been doing well I rode him again yesterday with a rope halter, the 12' tied into reins (of course!  lol!), and bareback!  Wheeeeee!  I did it w/out a "leader/spotter" and he did really well.  By the end of the session I had him moving off a squeeze and a cluck.  He was bending well and turning fairly well for his 4th time riding:).  We had a lot of fun!
~Savvy Out and God Bless~

6 comments:

Abigail said...

Seems like you're really improving with them.

Abigail said...

I love your new heading! (I think thats what its called!!)

Jordyn Daniels said...

I'm improving everyday! Thanx! I love my new heading too:)! lol!

Abigail said...

your welcome! how did you make it?

Jordyn Daniels said...

I made it at Picnik.com; I went to the collage section and ta-da!

Abigail said...

Cool!

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."