Thursday, August 20, 2009

Whoever said life was easy...

Was SO right;)!  I was going to post how BAD everything has been, but today Sonny and I just had a MAJOR breakthrough session:)!  YAY!!!!  I got, not 1, not 2, but 3 LAPS OF TROT on the 22'!!!!  I have figured out something.  He HATES the 12' for some odd reason.  The second I snapped the 22' on he was a TOTALLY different horse.  He became more extroverted and playful, he even offered me the trot!  AMAZING!!!  This is the horse that usually REFUSES to do the circling game at a walk much less a TROT!  I also got him to jump the stack of logs out by where the barn is going, it took a little while but I finally got him to understand that he WAS GOING to jump the logs:)!  I then let him off and jogged up to the house AND HE TROTTED AFTER ME!!!  I was SOOOO HAPPY!!!  We are also almost ready for liberty (We just need a round pen:)).  He does a VERY close range circling game with the rope dragging and his body arched nicely around me.  I can't wait for liberty:D!

Red and I have started working on the circling game, sideways game, and the squeeze game.  He has been doing REALLY good!  I got him to trot on the circle!  HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!  He even offered it!  Yes you heard right my EXTREME LBI OFFERED a TROT!!!  I was sooo proud of him!  We then worked on him walking AWAY from Rambo.  After that I let him off.  Can't wait for what tomorrow brings:)!
~Savvy Out and God Bless~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren-
Yay! I can NOT believe Sonny did that for you! He better keep it up! Keep up the good work and (*sigh*) see you in a couple of weeks!
Sarah

Jordyn Daniels said...

YAY right back at ya! I can't either! Will do! See Ya!

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."