Monday, August 17, 2009

RBE Blowout

~Yesterday~
Sonny had a REALLY LBE/RBE episode last night.  It had just stopped raining so I went out to play with him.  He was being a bit too playful so I ran inside to get my 22ft to keep him out.  I started the circling game and he TOOK off!!!  My usually LBE/LBI turned into a TOTAL RBE!  He took off towards his friends so I followed him and caught him and tried again, he did it again, again, and again...  I finally got smart and put his mind to work by doing the circling game and letting the rope get caught by trees and yo-yoing him 1 step back and then 1 forward and so on and so forth.  He got Left Brain again and so I let him off:).

~Today~ 
I got Sonny and went through the pre-ride checklist and he passed so I hopped on.  His stifle locked a little bit so I did a million transitions and straight lines, he did pretty good.  He was being real sluggish so I got his energy up by asking him to go ssssslllllooooowwwww...  He started to want to go faster:D!

Red and I had fun riding.  We worked on do a nice, fast, rein swinging walk ALL the way around the ring, AND HE DID IT!!!  My LBI OFFERED a faster walk!!!!  Mind Boggling!  So I hopped off and worked on ponying him off Arby and I about got my arm jerked off.  He is a LBI so he is slow and Arby is a RBE so she is REALLY fast.  I should have thought about it but noooo Lauren just hopped on and hoped for the best *sigh* NOT a good decision!  Well its over now.

I've got to go watch this show that my mom wants me to watch that is why I shouldn't take drugs (which I never would)...
~Savvy Out and God Bless~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren-
Keep up the good work with Sonny and Red! Have a good weekend and I will send the pics of the memo soon- I promise!
Sarah

Jordyn Daniels said...

I will:)! You Betta'! Love ya, cousin!

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."