Friday, August 28, 2009

Freestyle Patterns...

YAY!!!  I JUST finished ordering the freestyle patterns and I CAN NOT WAIT until they get here:)!  Well on with the horses~

Sonny and I have been doing hill therapy although I still ride:)!  The hill therapy is doing pretty well:)!  I have also been working on him moving going AWAY from the other horses and he was doing horribly but last night I got him LB again by doing a ton of close range circles with slack in the rope.  He did REALLY good:)!  I've also been working on our bridleless riding and I can now do about anything with him bridleless w/ carrot stick and savvy string of course:)!!!!!  I can get him to back up with me just wiggling my legs, Lateral Flexion with my carrot stick, jump him 18-24 inches high, and a start of a spin:)!  I am sooo excited!  I won't post a video of it yet because we are still pretty uncoordinated:)!

Red and I have been working on mounting and dismounting, the 7 games, and some jumping from the ground:)!  He is slowly but surely getting better about everything...  The dismounting can sometimes still warrant a nasty look but we have pretty much fixed that:)!  lol!  Well I've gtg eat lunch:)!  ttyl!
~Savvy Out and God Bless~

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lauren-
Awesome! you really ought to post a vid even if you're not the best! Keep poosting and see you Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursay (What a busy week!)!
Sarah

Lea and Eddie said...

That's great that you can ride him bridleless! You guys are doing great!

Jordyn Daniels said...

Sarah~
I might in a couple days if it EVER cools off XD!!! LOL!!! I have to start school tommorrow:(! Oh Well...

Lea~
I know!!!! I am soooooo excited!!!!! All the sudden our road block was torn down and we have just been excelling at a pace I had NEVER imagined possible. One of my dreams was to be able to ride my horse around bridleless and I have accomplished it at long last. I am in a daze and I stand back and thank God for all he has done for me and love every minute of it:)! Thank you by the way. You and Eddie are 10X BETTER than us on the ground though XD! You'll get there! One thing that was good about riding traditionally for a while is that I became fearless and would and will ride ANY horse you stick me on:)! lol! I have ridden buckers, rearers, bolters,and biters! Now I know that I should have fixed those habits on the ground BEFORE I rode but Oh Well. I learned after a bad spill, a move, and RFD TV:). The way I found Parelli was I was channel surfing and saw the show so I started researching it and bought the Success Series and Voila! Here I am! Well I better go to bed! Nighty Night! lol!

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."