Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I ALMOST DIED and I have a training prospect

Hi!  Last night I rode Cheyanne (our neighbor's horse) !!!  I work with her every now and then but I had never ridden her.  It was fun and she is already Parelli Level 2 on the ground!!!  In the saddle is a WHOLE different story!  She is NOT stable at a walk much less a trot!  I wasn't even going to try to canter...  So I did a LOT of walk to halt transitions and when she would relax at a halt I would walk and then when she would tense up we would halt and relax again.  I got off of her when I got a nice RELAXED trot:)!  If they don't sell her today I may be able to train her and bring her to my house for training!  YAY!!!
  So I also almost died today...  Our car's tire BLEW out and we almost flipped AND we almost ran into the overpass when the tire blew!  I'll post some pics on my other blog when I get them off of my mom's cell phone:)! 

5 comments:

Bella said...

OMG. Holy crap, Lauren! I would be SO terrified it's not even funny. Glad you're still alive!!! :]

Jordyn Daniels said...

Lydia~
Glad we agree!!! I actually kept my cool fairly well which is usually NOT my style!

Bella said...

Lol, I would've totally panicked... Sometimes I suprise myself like that too.

"And days go by! I can feel them flyin like a hand out the window in the wind! the cars go by! its always been givin so you better start livin right now! and days go by! ohwenaohhhhohhhh!!!!"

UGHHH THAT SONG IS GOING TO BE STUCK IN MY HEAD FOREVER!!!!!

thenaturalhorsegirl said...

Wow! Glad you're okay! Great blog by the way!!! I can't wait to hear what you guys do next! Keep up the good work, being natural can be a long road but definitely worth the time!

-Rox

Jordyn Daniels said...

Lydia~
Hee Hee!

thenaturalhorsegirl~
Thanks! I LOVE it my horses respond SOOO much better now!

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."