Friday, July 17, 2009

Catch up...

Well, last night at about, oh, idk, 8 or 9 o'clock I went out and played with Sonny. There was a breakthrough!! WHOO HOO!!! For a while now he has refused to do the circling game because I got real direct lined about it and would ALWAYS drill him. So, when things fell apart we quit doing it because we would end up frustrated and the session would end up in the tank.  So last night I worked on the porcupine game and did that till he was moving with little to no resistance.  Then we did the driving game until he was VERY light and responsive, I then did some Stick-2-Me to make him a little more in tune with me. Then I decided to attempt the impossible, THE CIRCLING GAME!!! I had watched a parelli show recently about how to teach your horse how to load into the trailer and it had some good tips on how to get a balky horse to move. The tips were - loooong phase 1, short phase 2,3,4, and LOTS of feel. So I applied it and he did half a lap before I called him in. Gtg!

~Savvy On~
~Lauren, Sonny, and Red~

3 comments:

Bella said...

Awesome!! I love the feeling of accomplishing stuff that seemed impossible before. It's so fulfilling.

•Karis Brown• said...

YAY! Good job Lauren! I want a horse!!! = D
Hey, I loved talking to you last week. Call me any time!

Jordyn Daniels said...

Lydia~
Thanks! Yep, I agree.

Karis~
Thanks girl! Get one;)! Same here... Miss ya! I'll try to call ya soon...

~Lauren, Sonny, and Red~

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."