Monday, July 5, 2010

Rearing, Bowing, and the Start of a Lay Down...


I'll change this pic out with one of him bowing when I get the time so be sure to check back soon!
This morning Sonny and I had a fun 10 minute session :).  I taught him to rear on cue :).  He only gets about an inch off the ground but it was a start!  And it's also upwards!  lol!  You should have seen the look on his face when he's like 'You mean REAR!?!?!?!'  It was priceless!

I then got him to bow *almost* all the way to the ground w/out a treat!  In 2 weeks I hope to have him lying down.  I'll make a video telling y'all how to do that *and* how to teach your horse to rear ;).  If y'all want, of course :).  But you'll have to wait until I feel the Tobster is ready to be taught all of this ;).  Or I could use Sonny.  He will have just known it all already ;).

We then played.  He was bucking, rearing, and wishing he was on a 45'.  I think I've FINALLY fixed our change of direction *pretty much*.  I just need a strategy for getting him to not do a roll back but instead coming in and then back out.  But for now we'll just play :).  Although I should probably start asking him to do certain maneuvers *sheepish grin*.  Playing is just WAY to much fun!

~Shalom, Savvy Out, and God Bless~



PS: I'll add a picture in a little bit after I clean up the house :)

4 comments:

Abigail said...

WaY to go girl!!!! I'm so proud o' y'all!!!! =) I can't beleive I actually guessed right w/out even reading this!!!! lol I'm so smart! and you know it! lol!

Giving God the Glory!
~Lizzie♥

Sarah said...

Lauren and Sonny-
Awesome work!!! Keep on keepin' on! Give the horses kisses for me!!! Love ya!!!
~Jordan~

Jordyn Daniels said...

Abby~
Thanx!

Sarah~
Thank-you! Will do!

~Lauren

PS: Sarah/Jordyn you can post through The Deserted Outcasts profile ;)

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."