Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More Rearing and Fun!

Sonny now rears 100% of the time (when cued, of course).  He goes about 1-2 feet off of the ground :).  I'm ecstatic to say the least.

I've also decided to not follow Parelli full-heartedly (not that I ever did).  Instead I'm going to start using less pressure and not 'ask' for things as often.  But to instead get the horse to offer them.  I'll still ask for things but I want my sessions to be more play sessions than a work session.  Parelli focuses more on the maneuver than I'd like...  It also doesn't help that they are VERY focused on money ;).  I don't mean to be rude but they are a bit money hungry :).  But they are both VERYtalented horseman and women...

Trotting totally bareback and bridleless (no cordeo* or stick) is coming along OK.  I haven't had a ton of time to play with it.  But when I do play with it he seems to be doing well :).  He (Sonny) argues a little bit (OK a bit more than a bit) but he's starting to understand that it's much more fun to listen to mom ;).  And less annoying...

Toby almost laid down on me yesterday!  I was playing with getting him to bow and he decided that it would be better if he went down on 2 knees and lie down on mommy.  We decided it would be better to stand up and bow on just one knee ;).  He though that was cool ;).  I think I've also found his play button!  I'm still playing with it, though...

The Tobster's freestyle is getting better too :).  He doesn't buck anymore!  YAY!  lol ;).  But his go button is still stuck ;).  The brake is held down all the way and I'm not sure how to ease the foot off of it without blowing him up ;).  I have the feeling that someone's also pressing full throttle on the gas.  So, we're trying to figure out how to ease one foot off of the brake and ease off of the gas pedal at the same time.  Fun, eh? I think so (and I'm not being sarcastic).  But I love a challenge.  I know, I know...  I'm weird...  No one ever said otherwise.

On a side note, I'm watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull right now.  I watched it last night but my papa, on my mom's side, came over so we're watching it again :).  I love the Indiana Jones movies.  Night before last we watched Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Good movie ;).  I know, I'm a dork ;).  But hey, I love action/romance movies *grins*.  And Indian Jones is just that :).  It doesn't hurt that they're good actors too ;).  lol.  Well I'm going to watch my movie now ;). I don't want to miss anything ;).

~Shalom, Savvy Out, and God Bless~

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Heyylo!!!!
Yay Sonny! Go Sonny! Go Sonny! Go Tobster! GO Toster! (okay, and maybe a wwwwhhhhhheeeeettttlllleeee 'go Lauren', but VERY wheetle! haha, jk,jk)
i think we sould a take a pic of SONNY rearing instead of some other horse, don't you???? maybe we could tomorrow!!!!!! hey, that's an idea! i mean, i know that obviously you can't take a picture, but maybe i can if i remember when I come tomorrow! What'd ya think??? Good idea, or bad??? Let me know!

Well, anyhoos, see ya tomorra! Love ya, girlie!

Giving God the Glory!
~Lizzie♥

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant website, I had not come across myjourneythroughnaturalhorsemanship.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Continue the good work!

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."