Monday, September 7, 2009

Lesson fun!

As you can guess from the title I have been giving some lessons...  My cousin and her friend come once a week on Thursday for a lesson.  I put them on bareback usually 'cause I like to torture them...  lol!  JK!  I put them on bareback to strengthen their muscles and to teach them how to have balance because my saddle is a hunter jumper saddle so you are pushed WAY forward and so they can't get their balance point real well. They have been doing REALLY good I usually do around 45min-1hour of ground work with them and then 10-20 minutes of riding time because I want them comfortable on the ground first because then the confidence transfers into the saddle and they will then try new things and progress faster:).

Sonny and I are "unofficial" level 1 grads and level 2 online and freestyle grads:). We can do all the stuff on the checklist:).  If I want to do the savvy club I have to pay for it myself so I can't do the "official" auditions :(... Oh well... We are now starting our finesse and Sonny is doing MARVELOUSLY! It is sooo fun! Any tips? I'll *try* to make a movie if I can get my camera working again:P! Ever since I started Parelli everyone keeps commenting on Sonny and I's bond. I don't see anything spectacular but everyone else seems to???? But I just tell everyone that its because of Parelli;)! I think that I have reverted some ppl to it because Sonny pretty consistently draws at a trot and lets me ride him around bridleless and bareback so I show everyone that and their jaws drop! I crack up laughing! Its soooo easy get it, too, if you work on creating that bond, rapport, and respect first. I mean ANYTHING is possible if you have those 3 fundamentals down! Sonny is definitely my dream horse!

Red and I have been playing with our freestyle and I can now consistently get a trot!!!! YAY! Once my EXTREME LBI OFFERED IT!!!! Our online is getting better... I can get 1/2 lap of trot on the circling game when I get really insistent about it. Our sideways game is coming along slowly but not so surely ;P! lol! Red is sooo sweet and LOVES to cuddle! Red is definitely my challenge! He is the biggest challenge I've had yet :P! The reason is because we both have REALLY different person/horseanalities:)! Well I've gtg help make dinner 8D!
~Savvy Out and God Bless~

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Lauren-
I like to ride bareback! But other than that, you do torture me... a lot...
See ya on Thursday!
Sarah

Jordyn Daniels said...

*sigh* I so DO NOT torture you! You would never have lived if Jennifer was your riding instructor... Jamie you would have and you would have learned more than you would have with ANY other trainer (I'm probably biased...)! lol!

Sarah said...

Lauren-
Yes you do! You pinch, porcupine, kick, and put me in a saddle when i don't want to be in a saddle :(!
See ya on Thursday ( please put me on bareback!!!!)
Sarah

Jordyn Daniels said...

UGH... I don't pinch and kick you and I only "porcupined" you ONCE to show you how to do it the proper was XD! lol! I'll decide Thursday...

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."