Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Video and a LONG overdue update *cringes*


I'm so so SO sorry!  I've been busy and life's been CRAZY!  But I'll give y'all a quick update on everyone!


~Sonny~
Sonny and I have been going through ups downs and in-betweens ;).  Pretty much out of the blue one day he decided that changing direction from left to right was NOT cool.  I've tried everything to fix it!  But I was looking at the whole and not seeing what part of it was wrong...  I think I've figured it out now, though.  He's always been bad about his forequarter yields and I've been noticing that he flicks his nose when you ask for a back up or forequarter yield porcupine game...  So I'm fixing out porcupine game and *hoping* that'll fix his changes of direction :).  So far it *seems* to be helping.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I can now, also, ride him w/out ANYTHING at a walk and he listens 75-85% of the time!  Now we're focusing on our trot then we'll work on cantering bridle-less again ;).


~Toby~
Toby and I haven't been doing much besides lots of falling leaf ;).  I'm also playing with our bridle-less riding :).  He's doin' good.



~ME ;)~
I'm good and I just got back from the movies ;).  I've decided to merge most of my blogs together (on a separate blog) and merge this blog and my 'normal life' blog together.  It's easier that way.  I saw Toy Story 3 in digital 3D.  It was *pretty* good.  Lex and I went by ourselves and g-ma, Aunt BJ, Maddie, and Hailey went to Marmaduke (sp?).  We had lotsa fun ;).  This weekend we'll probably go and see 'The Karate Kid'.  We all know my dad'll love it ;).

Now here is a movie I made a LONG time ago~


~Shalom, Savvy Out, and God Bless~



PS: Look out for some MAJOR changes on this blog ;). It'll look a TON better and cleaner when I'm done ;)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE the vid!!! I like the clips when you and Toby are "snuggling". It was so cute!!! Nice song, too!!! lol!!! see ya tomorrow!!!
~Sarah~

Jordyn Daniels said...

I LOVE the vid too ;). So do I!!!!! I'm SO sick and over this song after I made this movie (While you make a movie you listen to the song CONSTANTLY! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!! AGH!). I *may* not see you tomorrow... I'm staying the night at my g-ma's so I'm not sure if I'll be at bible study :(. I think I will be, though!

~Lauren
PS: Do you like the new look?

Abigail said...

Hey, Tay!
I LOVE the vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's aweosme!
Love the new look, too! I take it that link I sent you helpled? It looks awesome! It's the best I've ever seen your blog!!!! ;) (not that it's every looked 'bad' or anything.)
Love ya!

Giving God the Glory!
~Lizzie♥

Kerrin Koetsier said...

Wow Lauren, sounds as if you're doing loads of cool things with your horses!

We look forward to seeing the changes on your blog, and while we're on the subject, have you recently viewed the Parelli Central blog? http://central.parellinaturalhorsetraining.com/

Kerrin Koetsier
Parelli Central

Jordyn Daniels said...

Abby~
Thanks! It helped a bit ;). I looked at some other ones too :).

Kerrin Koetsier~
Thanks and I am :). It's all my horses! Not me ;). I just mess it up and make it complicated!

I'm viewing it right now :).

~Lauren

Kerrin Koetsier said...

Awesome!

Horses are most certainly our mirrors, and a large part of horsemanship is really about self-development. But, it looks as if you're on the right track...

Kerrin Koetsier
Parelli Central

Jordyn Daniels said...

Kerrin~
That they are (our mirrors that is)... I'm always being reminded of that... Like when I was angry my horse was aggressive. But before when I was ALWAYS happy my horse would follow me around and was my BF (b4 Natural Horsemanship). We're now back on that path of him *wanting* to be with me :). 'Cause innately we are both LBE we just have to cast off our facade of being LBI/RBI (He's more LBI but I'm more RBI) and we're both almost through it :)... I LOVE casting away thresholds!

~Lauren

Kerrin Koetsier said...

Its funny how our priorities and goals are often the things that cause our horses to *not* want to be with us. It is very important to be progressive in our horsemanship, yet we have to find the tricky balance, because we don't want to become too direct-line (obviously that will scare a prey animal away!)

You said: 'when I was always happy,' I guess this could be interpreted as 'care-free'? Being care-free with horses is something one can achieve, but you have to make the time for it! How about delegating sections in your play sessions for you and your horse to just be yourselves, not focusing on improving or what you are or aren't doing? A time when you have fun and don't strive for perfection?

Kerrin
Parelli Central

Kerrin Koetsier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."