Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Contest! WOO HOO! Check it out! You'll SO want to enter!

I've decided....  We're goin' to have a contest!!!!  Woo Hoo!  The prize will be a header and/or a blog button!  I have photoshop so I'll leave my email and if you'll just email me (if you win) some pics I'll photoshop (or picnik) them and, if you want, I'll make a header with a bunch pics, or I can make a collage, OR I can do something like what I did as my header...  Well enough of that.  Here is what y'all have to do~

1) Come up with a show name for Red.
I've already decided that his barn name will be Tobias, a Hebrew name which means Goodness of God, or Toby for short.

2) I want (need) Tobias to be somewhere in his show name.

3) The name needs to be original, fun, and appropriate

4) The name needs to fit him.
Look at his page to (About Tobias (Toby) ) to learn about him.

5) The ending date is November 14th

6) I'd like the name to mean something...  A hidden meaning, like words in a different language (preferably Hebrew but any would do :) )

7) Comment with your answer :)!
I may not approve any of them until *after* the contest ;)!

That's all!  Have Fun and go at it!
Here is my email (only email me if you win or need help :D)~
ltm1996@gmail.com
~Shalom, Savvy Out, and God Bless~



Tips: I like Z's as the beginning letter ;)!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Lauren?
Where do I send the name if we're only supposed to e-mail you if we win?
~Sarah~

Lea and Eddie said...

Hey Lauren!
I thought up one...
Dorran Tobias
Dorran means 'gift' and Tobias meant 'goodness of God.' So he's your gift from the goodness of God!
I might post another name tonight, that's the only one I could think of right now!

Jordyn Daniels said...

Sarah~
I answered your Q in an email ;)!

Lea~
LOVE it! Ok! I love the meanings too! AND it is something the judges can pronounce :P! lol!

~Lauren, Sonny, and Toby

Kirsten L said...

Acuzio Tobias


Acuzio means Sharp in latin.
___________________________________
or
___________________________________
Acelin Tobias
Acelin means Noble in French
___________________________________
here is the web site i got them from it has a hole lot of cool names http://www.babynamenetwork.com/Baby-Names/3/beg/a/All-Origins/boy.htm

Sarah said...

Hey Lauren!
Who won? I mean, you said you'd only approve them after the contest!
~Sarah~

Jordyn Daniels said...

I said *maybe* I'd approve them afterwards :). But I decided that no one could copy someone else because then I'd know ;). When are you gonna enter though? It ends November 14th!

~Lauren, Sonny, and Toby

Sarah said...

Lauren-
I can NOT come up with a name that both fits Red (Toby, I mean) and describes him besides Alluph Tobias!!! Seriously!!!
~Sarah~

Abigail said...

okay, I have decided, finally!
Zuriel Tobias
Zuriel means: God is my foundation.
or:
Tobias Hanan
Hanan means: The gracious gift of God
I picked what you wanted, they're all Hebrew and they mean something about God too. Plus, the first one has a Z as the first letter. I really thought they were good, if I may say so myself. AND They have Tobias in them!!! You could just use Toby instead of Tobias if you wanted too, if I win of course!
Thanx for the link, Kirsten!! That's where I got the names from. Love the idea of the contest though, Lauren! =D
ttyl!
~Abby~

Emily said...

Cute blog! :-)

Randa said...

Hey Lauren, I am thinking/researching meanings of cool words for Tobias....something with Z in it. lol. Here's what I came up with so far, but they don't have meanings...
Zavvy Tobias (for Savvy)
Not very original, but I'll leave another comment soon with some ideas! Another one...JAZZY TOBIAS. lol.
Journey's Tabias...or, Tabias Journey...
Randa.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm no good at this at all and I've not done my research so my offering is just for fun. Do with it what you will. lol!

Zizdone Tobias My Heart

(Meaning: He is the One. Z iz d one)

~Lisa

Just wanted to stop and say hello after you visited my blog. What a small world! :)

Jordyn Daniels said...

Sarah~
Good Job lil cuz!

Abby~
LOVE the name! I plan on naming one of my kids Zuriel when I get older (yes I know I AM a dork/geek ;}!) so I may not use that for my horse ;)

Emily Anne~
Thanx!

Randa~
CUTE! Like 'em!

Laughing Orca Ranch~
You did GREAT! Thanx! Like it! Thanx! It is a small world after all :)... Sometimes I wish it was bigger... Then you could runaway and hide when you feel like it :)

~Lauren, Sonny, and Toby

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."