Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Childhood Memories...

Who doesn't have at least one?

     I have so many memories and not enough brain power or space to store them or keep them 'up to date' and categorized...  I remember horse shows, barn days, hanging with the horses, movie night, watching Toy Story 2 in movie theaters w/out my sibs...  The list goes on and on.  If you notice though they're mostly centered around horses.  That may be because horses are my life.  I used to show every other (or every) weekend...  I was never not at the barn.  I don't have many memories that don't include horses or just animals in general (like the time Jake ate a battery or at a whole HUGE bag of fizz pop and we watched him swell up like a balloon [cool now, not then]!  I'm very surprised Jake's still around!  Or the time Jake ripped off Cooper's nose *wide eyes*)...  I have so many funny stories/memories...  Tomorrow (at 4:15 am [I get up at 4]) I hope to be writing a post about when Jake swelled like a balloon.  Or a different memory.  Y'all decide :).  Oh so many decisions ;).  lol!  I'm in a bit of a mood right now.  It tells doesn't it?

     Here's a snippet of one of my memories-

     Waves of heat crash over you unmercifully...  The mosquitoes swarm and suck your blood.  Your can't swat them 'cause if you move you ain't placin'.  You're in the middle of what we (me and my buds) call a 'line up'.  It's when you line up facing away from the judge so they can see your 'number' at the end of a flat class (English Hunter Jumper).  All the sudden you feel a little light headed and woozy.  You're cursing the jerks who refused to wave the hot, thick navy blue jackets all English riders are required to wear for shows.  Then, you start to fall off sideways of your bright chestnut horse.  One of the judges rushes to your side as you topple off.  Next thing you know your being examined by the paramedics.  UGH!  To put it lightly, you're embarrassed out of your wits...

3 comments:

Abigail said...

lol! the story of Jake CRACKS ME Up!!!!!!! Okay, did the story about the show (last paragraph) happen to you?!?! Just wonderin'...
OMG!!! You're a GENIOUS!!!! So, unless that's what you're doing, when I get a blog, I'm gonna start a weekly or monthly link up called 'Childhood Memories...'!!!! Are you? Is that why you did this post? Let me Know!

Giivng GOD the Glory!
~Lizzie♥

Jordyn Daniels said...

Kinda... I was going to *try* to do it every Wednesday but I couldn't wait *blushes*. I'm going to do it today but I have to get the button done and sign up at the link up place thing-a-ma-bob. I'm going to do it at my g-ma's :). Buuuuuuut just because I'm doing it doesn't mean you can't 'spread the love' as well ;). Just use my button ;). lol. I'm a complete, and insane, dork now!

~The Victorious Tailor

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at myjourneythroughnaturalhorsemanship.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Charlie

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."