Friday, January 15, 2010

Bad Me!

I have really been neglecting y'all!  Well I did come up with some New Years Resolutions!  Here they are~

Pass Level 1 & 2 officially
Pass Level 3 Online and Freestyle officially
Get Sonny and I's Liberty to a Level 3 standard
Post WEEKLY on most of my blogs if not all!
Get Toby to a Level 3 standard on the ground and a Level 2 standard in the saddle
Work with Sonny AND Toby DAILY!!!!!
Work on my barefoot trimming
Keep researching my homeopathy and herbology
Become a certified family herbalist by the time I'm 16
Get my students at a Level 2 standard
Get Hailey to a Level 3 standard
Make our camp better than last years!
Learn to love the piano and my new piano teacher
Convince my mom that co-op is too easy for me
and a WHOLE lot more!

What do y'all think of them?  I think they're pretty good ;)


So on with the update, eh?  I haven't worked with them much because of how insanely busy I've been.  But I did work with him the other day and he did pretty well!  What I am going to start doing though is working on our driving, yo-yo, and sideways games ;).  Our friendly, porcupine, circling, and squeeze are really good but our driving game is a little bit 'stuck' not much but still not phase 1 like I'd like it.  Our yo-yo game is REALLY bad a) because of his stifle when it locks and b) because his stifle locks and he isn't in shape he doesn't back up straight.  And our sideways game is bad beacuse I hate it so he hates it and I don't know how to ask for it properly.  So for 15 minutes EVERY day I'm going to work on those 3 games for a couple of months.

I'm also going to start cavelletti and hill therapy with Sonny to get him in shape.  He doesn't have much muscling ;).

Toby and I have been sorting out who is in charge ;).  We decided that I was the head honcho.  After we got that sorted out he was good as gold!  I've been spending some undemanding time and playing at Liberty with him and the bike.  Fun!  Well I better get back to school!
~Shalom, Savvy Out, and God Bless~

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome, Lauren!!!! I like your New Years Resolution that says, "Convince my mom that co-op is too easy for me" you actually don't like co-op????!!!!! JK!!!! I didn't like it that much, either... See ya soon!!!
~Sarah~

Abigail said...

you don't like co-op???? The only reason I like it is 'cause I get to see you, Sarah, Lexi and people like that!!! Technically, 'cause i like to see friends!!! heehee!!!!

~Lizzie

Abigail said...

Lauren, my dear! I have not heard from you in forever! How have you been? I'd love to hear from you soon! Love ya girl!

Abby

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was going to write something similar. Will check this blog more often I think.

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."