Friday, May 22, 2009

Update

Hi!  Well here is everything that has been going on~
Red colicked night before last and I had to stay up ALL night w/ him!  It ended up he just had some gas.....

     I haven't had much time to work w/ the horses since its been raining but it did stop long enough for me to go and ride Sonny and work on his attitude; -)!  He was trying to kick me every time I got on so I fixed that, I did the circling game at an extended trot for 2 times around every time he'd do it and that fixed the problem very quickly ; -)!

    Red's been doing OK I've started desesitizing him to the saddle and leaning over him and stuff to get him used to me being above him:).  I'll probably start backing him in 6-9 months but before that I'm going to do some cavelletti therapy so he is more prepared and will have a little more muscle:)!

  Rambo has been, well, he's just Rambo.....  I've been working on his back legs being touched w/out him kicking out in fear.  He's doing REALLY well!  The reason I'm doing that is because he kicked my dog Jake HARD because something tickled his lower back leg and he FLIPPED HIS LID!  But everyone's OK:)!

  Arby is in heat (we think) so we've been leaving her be because she can get nasty when she's in heat!  She'll be fine one min. and then the next trying to take your head off!  Hailey did ride her the day Saturday.  Arby was good....  I really need to do some cavelletti therapy w/ her to help her back become more rounded and for her to get some more muscle mass.....

Well that is (I think) everything:)!  See Ya!

~Savvy Out~

2 comments:

Bella said...

That's good that it was only gas! You had me frightened a second there!!!

Abigail said...

hey! I haven't been on in a while, nice to hear from ya though!

AO

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."