Tuesday, April 28, 2009

About Me

With riding a horse we borrow freedom~Helen Thompson

Riding the art between you and the ground~Unknown

No Hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle~Winston Churchill

He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots
~Unknown

The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses ears~Arabian Proverb

Ah steeds, steeds, what steeds! Has the whirlwind a home in your manes? Is there a sensitive ear, alert as a flame, in your every fiber? Hearing the familiar song from above, all in one accord you strain your bronze chests and, hooves barely touching the ground, turn into strait lines cleaving the air, and all inspired God it rushes on~Nikolai V. Gogol

To ride a horse is to ride a sky~Unknown

There is no secret so close as between a rider and his horse~Robert Smith

A horse loves freedom and the weariest old work horse will roll on the ground or break into a lumbering gallop when he is turned loose into the open~Gerald Raferty

I bless the hoss from hoof to head-
From head to hoof, and tale to mane!-
I bless the hoss, as I have said,
From head to hoof, and back again
~James Whitcomb Riley

Horses lend us the wings we lack~Unknown

Gipsy Gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark~Gypsies of Galaway

Horses-if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself.~Unknown

The horses paw and prance and neigh,
Fillies and colts like kittens play,
And dance and toss their rippled manes
Shining and soft like rippled skeins;...
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

A thousand horse and none to ride!-
With flowing tail and flying mane,
Wide nostrils never stretched by pain,
Mouths bloodless to the bit or rein,
And feet that iron never shod,
And flanks unscarred by spur or rod,
A thousand horse, the wild, the free
Like waves that follow over the sea,
Come thickly thundering on,...
~Lord Byron

We are a wild spirit like the wind,
Do not try to control us for we are more powerful and beautiful then you think,
We will always run free, we are full of power and love
We Are Wild Horses
~Slick Myster

When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air;the earth sings when he touches it;the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes.~William Shakespeare

A canter is a cure for every evil.~Benjamin Disraeli

God forbid I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses.~R.B.Cunninghame Graham

My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder
He carries me away from all my fears
And when the world threatens to fall asunder
His mane is there to wipe my tears
~Bonnie Lewis

She lifted the drooping muzzle with both hands... It was a special embrace saved for special occasions.~Jean M. Auel


I am just your normal horse lover, home schooled, Teenaged, Christian gal growing up in the 21st century. I became interested with horses when I just was a little tyke.  I remember when I was 5 praying for a horse and asking my parents for one...  They said when I was 10 I could get one.  But that comes later:)!  I'll get on with my life now!  My mom's best friend owned a barn so when I was 3 or 4 I started riding her child safe gelding, Max.  Max was your typical LBI.  He was very slow if I remember correctly but I 
loved the big guy.  When I was six years old we moved to Charleston, SC.  I rode with, hmmmm I don't remember her name but she would always stick me on the blind horse:)!  We stopped going their when she moved onto her own property and it was in the backwoods...  SCARY!!!!  LOTS of ppl with shotguns:)!  lol!  She, as usual, stuck me on the blind horse in the middle of the field with POTHOLES THE SIZE OF ME!!!  I do NOT exaggerate.  For about 6 months or so I didn't ride but then a friend of mines friend told us about my old trainer, Jamie.  I believe she was sent straight from heaven to land in my life when I needed it.  Jamie was and is like a second mom to me and whenever I have a problem I know I can call Jamie and she'll be there with her support.  Jamie wasn't and isn't like most trainers, she doesn't yell at you but gently corrects you...  I miss her soooo much!  Well I rode with her until recently and LOVED every minute of it.  My dad decided that it was time to move back to FL, he had a buyer for the business, my mom got pregnant, and then... my uncle died.  My uncle was my dads oldest sibling.  He was kinda like my dad's dad, my grandpa was never around.  So that was tough, THEN dad was made to sell the business for a LOT less than it was worth, my great grandma was diagnosed with non-curable cancer, my other great grandma was and is dying, and the house we bought had to be gutted and totally redone.  Life wasn't the greatest.  Now everything is starting to fall back into place and the outcome looks good:)!
"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."
- Eleanor Roosevelt~

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
~Author Unknown~


~"As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields"~ ~Leo Tolstoy~

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" ~Author Unknown~

Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature you meet.

To give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.

To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side, so long as you are true to the best that is in you.

Sleep well sweet child 
Don't worry your head 
Your Dream Catcher is humming 
Above your bed

Listen so softly 
I know you can hear 
The tone of beyond 
Close to your ear

Love is alive 
And living in you 
Beyond all your troubles 
Where good dreams are true

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."